ECCO/EJC Young Investigator’s Award
ECCO – the European CanCer Organisation and EJC – European Journal of Cancer are pleased to announce the ECCO/EJC Young Investigator’s Award, to be presented at 18th ECCO – 40th ESMO European Cancer Congress.
The ECCO/EJC Young Investigator’s Award is open to young basic scientists and clinical oncologists of all disciplines relevant to cancer research. The Award will be given to a young scientist or doctor in the field of basic, translational or clinical oncology research for recent original work in cancer research, treatment or care.
The following application criteria will apply:
- Candidates should be junior (within 5 years of completion of PhD or specialist training).
- Candidates should have completed the submitted work in the period between April 2013 and April 2015.
- Submissions should be sent in by the candidate together with a reference letter from their Head of Department.
- The work may be the result of individual research or the result of a thesis completed in the field of basic, translational or clinical research.
- Candidates should commit themselves to write an original paper in English on the scientific work carried out (for publication in EJC).
The application should include the following documents:
- A summary of the research work (maximum 2 pages) and copies of recently published or submitted manuscripts of the applicant’s work, to be submitted in English.
- A curriculum vitae and a list of publications.
- A supporting letter from the Head of Department.
Applications will be reviewed by the 18th ECCO – 40th ESMO European Cancer Congress Committee Chairs and the Editor-in-Chief of EJC.
The winner of the ECCO/EJC Young Investigator’s Award will receive a prize of 4000 EUR, free registration for the European Cancer Congress, free accommodation for 3 nights in Vienna for the period of the Congress, a contribution to travel expenses and the opportunity to give an oral presentation of the work at 18th ECCO – 40th ESMO European Cancer Congress.
Deadline for applications: 5 May 2022
Applications should be sent to Anne Blondeel, Congress Programme Co-ordinator via Email: [email protected]. Successful applicants will be notified in the course of July 2015.
Novice Research Dissemination Award for Oncology Nurses
If this is the first time you have submitted an abstract for an international congress and you have less than five years’ experience doing research, your abstract may be considered for presentation in the ‘New Oncology Nursing Research’ session.
To be considered, you must tick the box entitled ‘Novice Research Dissemination Award’ during abstract submission. New oncology nursing researchers who tick this box and have their abstract accepted will be eligible for this new award.
All abstracts in this category will be judged by a panel, who will select 2 winners. Each award winner will receive free registration for ECC2015, and a contribution up to 1500 EUR will be reimbursed after the congress to cover travel and accommodation.
PRINT THIS PAGE