About the Award:
In grateful appreciation of his success in creating and nuturing community relationship, of his academic contribiution, of his continuous support, and in recognition of his passion and tireless efforts dedicated to Oncology Pharmacy and ESOP.
Professor Louis Denis
- Academic urologist specialized in urological oncology.
- Director of the Oncology Centre Antwerp, Belgium since February 1998.
- Finished training as urologist at the Medical College of Virginia in 1964.
- Joined the urological department of the Antwerp City Hospitals and became coordinating chairman in 1973.
- Joined the Faculty of the Vrije Universiteit Brussel as Professor in 1978.
- Served as President or Board member in a number of national and international medical organisations.
- Co-founder of Europa Uomo, the European Prostate Cancer Coalition.
- chair of the Flemish Advisory Council for Cancer Prevention from 1983 till 1997.
- International co-coordinator of ERSPC until 2012.
- Co-founder of the European School of Oncology (ESO) in 1982 and still member of the scientific committee.
- Officer in the European Institute of Oncology and several professional organisations as ESSO, FECS and the Europe against Cancer programs from 1980 till 2006.
- Founded a think-tank for prostate diseases, the International Prostate Health Council (IPHC).
- Co-founded the International Consultation of Urological Diseases (ICUD).
- Started as a founding member of the Genito-Urinary Cancer group of the European Organisation for Research and Treatment of Cancer (EORTC).
- Number of functions in EORTC including President from 1988 till 1991.
- Managing launch director of the European Journal of Cancer.
- Different positions (e.g. treasurer, secretary) in the Union Internationale contre le Cancer (UICC).
- Focused on the organisation and support of cancer patients associations in general and prostate cancer associations in particular.
- Director of US TOO Belgium and advisor of the Oncologic Centre Antwerp as honorary director.
- Strategic consultant for Europa Uomo, the European Prostate Cancer Coalition.
- Received the Lifetime Achievement Award from the EAU in 2014.
PRINT THIS PAGE