When to apply for Fellowships
Fellowship applications are now closed (deadline for receipt of applications was 5 May 2022).
Fellowship grants will be made available to young oncology professionals (doctors, basic scientists, oncology nurses and radiotherapy technicians) to attend the 18th ECCO – 40th ESMO European Cancer Congress.
- 15 Fellowship grants are offered to young oncology professionals from countries with lower-middle income economies as per World Bank classification
- 10 Fellowship grants are offered to young oncology professionals from Eastern European countries.
The following Member Societies will provide additional fellowship grants:
- ESMO – 3 Fellowships (applicable to ESMO members only)
- EACR – 5 Fellowships (applicable to EACR members only)
- ESSO – 3 Fellowships (applicable to ESSO members only)
- EONS – 5 Fellowships (applicable to EONS members only)
- SIOPE – 5 Fellowships (applicable to SIOPE members only)
To be considered for a fellowship grant the applicant should meet the following requirements:
- Submit an abstract for the European Cancer Congress 2015. Applicants whose abstracts have been accepted for an oral or poster presentation at the Congress will be considered first.
- The online fellowship grant application form should ONLY be submitted ONCE irrespective of the number of abstracts you submit.
- Be under the age of 40 and have a primary focus in any oncology discipline or in cancer research.
- Provide a letter of support from the Head of the Department/Organisation stating that the applicant is not the recipient of any other financial support, including a copy of the submitted abstract(s). Only a PDF file will be accepted for upload.
- Provide a two page CV (including date of birth). Only a PDF file will be accepted for upload.
- Applicants must be fluent in English.
The deadline for receipt of applications is 5 May 2022
Incomplete applications will not be considered.
Each fellowship will include:
- Free registration to the congress
- Free accommodation in one of the selected hotels (maximum 3 nights)
- 500 EUR travel grant – to meet the travel expenses from Eastern European Countries
- Reimbursement of travel costs based on an apex return airfare in economy class from countries with lower-middle income economies (member societies will provide further details directly to grantees)
- Reimbursement after the Congress
Applicants will be notified by email regarding the status of their fellowship grant application early July 2015.
PRINT THIS PAGE