17th ECCO-38th ESMO-32nd ESTRO European Cancer Congress
27 September – 1 October 2013, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
The European Cancer Congress welcomes the interest of the press in cancer issues and is happy to provide assistance to journalists attending the Congress or using the Congress website as a resource in their coverage of cancer issues.
27 September 2022 update: All abstracts are vailable online. All embargoes on them have been lifted. This notice replaces the section on embargo policies in the media policies.
The majority of the Congress abstracts will go on line on the Congress web page on Thursday 12 September 10.00 hrs CEST, at: http://eccamsterdam2013.ecco-org.eu/ and can be reported from that time onwards. Any late breaking abstracts will not be published on line until 07.00 hrs CEST on the day they are to be presented to the Symposium and will be embargoed to that time. Some abstracts that will form part of the media programme may be published on line at slightly later times on the day of presentation. Press releases about the Congress abstracts will be embargoed to times on the day on which they are being presented including 00.01 hrs CEST. The embargo times and dates will be clearly marked on the official ECCO press releases. When asking for outside comment on releases before the embargo has lifted, journalists are requested to ensure that those consulted understand and accept the embargo conditions.
Official media materials will be made available to registered journalists only.
ECCO reserves the right to ban from the Congress any journalist who breaks the embargoes or contravenes this media policy in any other way.
Access and facilities
The media badge entitles the holder to the following:
- Access to the press office
- Access to all official ECCO news briefings
- Access to all sessions in the official programme
- Access to Opening Ceremony
Press Office (Friday 27 September – Tuesday 1 October)
The press office will situated in the Emerald Lounge, first floor, and will be open to bona fide media representatives who have registered or register on site with provision of press credentials. It is not open to representatives of commercial sponsors, e.g. PR or marketing personnel.
The Press Office provides:
- Free local and international telephone facilities
- Computers with internet access, and internet access for laptops via ethernet cables and wifi
- Photocopying facilities
- An IT specialist to assist with any computer or other technical problems
- Private interview rooms with phones for one to one interviews, bookable via the press officers on a first come first served basis. Bookings will be for half-hour slots for print media and one-hour slots for broadcast media. Requests for longer periods should be made in writing to the media consultants by 9 September.
- Lunch, beverages and light refreshments will be available during the day
Press Office staff: Emma Mason, Mary Rice, Kay Roche, José Abad and Peter Vermij.
Languages spoken: English, Dutch, French and Spanish.
Press Office opening times:
- Friday 27 September: 09.00 – 19.00 hrs (CEST)
- Saturday 28 – Monday 30 September: 07.30 – 18.00 hrs
- Tuesday 1 October: 08.00 – 14.00 hrs
Media news briefings Friday – Monday
Venue: Emerald Room, first floor
Briefings will be held at the following times:
- Friday 17.00 hrs (in English)
- Saturday 08.00 hrs (in English)
- Sunday 08.00 hrs (in English)
- Monday 08.00 hrs (in English)
- Monday 10:30 hrs (in Dutch)
Filming and recording
- Photography, filming and recording will be permitted in the official press conferences.
- Filming will be permitted in a designated, general area of the Congress, but is subject to authorisation from the media consultants; please contact the media consultants for the location and further information. Filming in other areas, including the exhibition area, is strictly forbidden. Anyone found filming in these areas will be asked to leave the Congress.
- Filming and recording of Congress sessions is prohibited.
- Photography (including pictures taken with mobile phones) will only be permitted in Congress scientific sessions if the chair of each session has secured agreement from all the presenters at the start of the session. If any presenter objects to photography during his/her presentation, then photography will not be permitted. Slides must not be photographed under any circumstances. The chair will announce at the beginning of the session whether or not photography will be permitted. We request all journalists to abide by the decisions of the chairs of the scientific sessions.
If you have any questions, contact: Emma Mason or Mary Rice, ECCO media consultants, email: [email protected], tel: +44 (0)1376 563090 (Emma), or +33 (0)3 85 28 26 63 (Mary).
PRINT THIS PAGE
Page last modified: